Return To The River Salmon Festival
William A. Grant Water & Environmental Center
Walla Walla, WA 99362
August 28, 2010 from 10am to 2pm.
The Return to the River Salmon Festival takes place Saturday, August 28, 2010 from 10am to 2pm at the William A. Grant Water & Environmental Center at Walla Walla Community College.
- Children’s Activities, featuring Fin, the 25’ salmon and activity booths
- Sidewalk Chalk Art, featuring local artists and salmon themed art
- Exhibits and Tribal Dance Performance
- Salmon Viewing Field Trip (10:00-12:30)
- Watershed Symposium (advance registration) on the following topics:
- Salmon Recovery in the Walla Walla Basin - history, status and stewardship
- First Foods - a cultural approach to management of natural resources
- Barbecue Salmon Luncheon (1:00-2:00pm - $10.00 per person/advance registration and payment)
The event is free and open to the public. To register for the symposium, field trip, and / or luncheon, please call.Download the flyer for more information